May 19, 2006

HYSTERICAL reply from Tim Howland

Sent on 3/15/06:

I'm ashamed at myself for not noticing this earlier but aren't we supposed to be swimming a mile at these Hammerfest swims? Beacuse a mile would would be approx. 70 lengths of a 25yd pool or 64 lengths of a 25 meter pool. The mile of course being 1609 meters or 1760 yards. So where did 66 ever come from? (I'm looking at you Travis) So if it's a meter pool then we are swimming 41 yards too far, thats 2.5% further than required. And at my pace of 35 minutes per "mile", that means I'm spending an extra 52.5 seconds in the pool swimming my laps. Think of all the things we could do with an extra 52.5 seconds: microwave a soft pretzel (50 seconds), spin in your office chair 37.5 revolutions, make a tinfoil and coat hanger trophy, eat a cake (Greg), Brians Mom (that one is for you Travis), stare at a carbon fiber 'Insert any Noun' (John), enjoy a tasty V8 Frusion (Erin), classically overdress even further (Sam), rearrange someones bedroom furniture...the possibilities are endless really.

Anyways, I'm in for sunday, all 1.025 miles of it.

-Tim

No comments: