July 21, 2007

Night before the race

So everyone, I'm up here in the North Country, hanging out the night before the race and I must say there is a lot of nervous tension in the air. We are all staying at the NCCC (north country community college) in Saranac Lake and at about 8pm there was hooting and hollering in the dorm rooms and now at 8:40pm, it's pretty silent...

I'm nervous...I'm not going to lie, but I just have to sit back and remember to "race my OWN race" tomorrow and not really worry about what everyone else is doing and keep my own tempo. I have to remind myself that I just have to do the best job possibble and see where that lands me after all the cards fall to the floor.

This Ironman kind of snuck up on me and it was weird because before IMFL, I had the solid year of anticipation and wait before the race day. But maybe because I just signed up a month ago for this race in Canada, or maybe because it is my sophomore effort that this one just is feeling a little different.

I feel a little wiser, maybe a little faster (maybe) and just a little bit more indifferent on this race. Don't get me wrong, I want to do my very best and hit some of the goal times I had in my head, but this one just kind of came out of nowhere...

I will say this though, just for accountability's sake...I would like to break 11 hours tomorrow.

There, I said it. Now I have to go back to the dorm and get a good nights rest and drink up on the fluids and kick some major butt tomorrow. :) Just do what I do. :) So take care, sleep well all and thank you to each and every one of you who has wished me luck via a phone call here in Lake Placid for my quest to get to Kona and have a good race tomorrow. (Cason Jasey, Sammy P, Kelbo, Erwin Varls, Brother Meyers, Philly Cream Cheese, and anyone else whom I forgot, thanks!) I can only hope I do not dissappoint. Cheers folks. Sleep well.

No comments: