June 21, 2006

Hardcore 24 photo + Hammerfest 6 reminder


(from left to right; John Hunter, a $4,000 Cannondale mountain bike, Tim Howland, Travis Money, and Darren Vogt supporting Hammerfest after the "Hardcore 24" mountain bike race at Cutler this past weekend. )

I think John has a strange look on his face because the carbon fiber erection he has in his pants just pushed the Cannondale bike over so it is leaning up against Tim in the photo... (sorry John, I can't seem to pass up an opportunity to rip on you for your obsession with carbon) Anyway, I just thought I would throw this photo up on the site for everyone to see. Good times gentlemen (and I use that term loosely...) Glad to see Hammerfest is getting exposure all over the place, even at mountain bike races. Good show.

Also feel free to poke around this site. I've added a bunch of new stuff including more color, links, etc. Let me know what you think, I would love to hear suggestions, ideas, concerns. My ears are always open to making Hammerfest into "kind of a bigger deal"

Don't forget to "register" by adding a comment under this post, or the previous one, to let me know you can or cannot make it to Hammerfest six on 6/25/06 at noon at the Webster Aquatic Center. See you there in spandex, suckers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your powers of perception are truly dizzying Mr. Earley, indeed the bike was previously resting against John. What happened was that a passerby was talking with their friend about some organic compounds (who knows why?)when John overheard them use the word "carbon" and reacted, as he does, in anticipation of hearing that sweet word that can follow 'carbon' like no other word. That's right kids, Fiber! Sure, that sweet word never did follow, much to Johns dismay but that's how the bike came to lean away from John. A simple case of premature ecarbonation. Thanks for recognizing all the signs Mr. Earley.