March 6, 2007

A stroke of luck...

I don't know whether this stroke has been good or bad, but I feel like it has been luck nonetheless. Kind of like that amazing show LOST which is on ABC every Wednesday at 10pm EST...during that show, there has been an everlong battle between fate/destiny versus logic and reason. So I don't know if it has been luck, destiny, or fate, but things have been a little crazy lately. Call it strokes of luck or whatnot, but things have been interesting in the "Keep Moving Forward" world.
I haven't been online in a long time and haven't updated the blog in a long time for a variety of reasons. There has been a lot of things going on recently. First off, as many of you know, I have been looking for a job recently after my departure from my last place of employment (which was really Office Space, so maybe it was a blessing in disguise...) So since 2 weeks before IMFL I have been valiantly looking for a job and enjoying the increased free time to train more and get a lot done.
Secondly, I had a computer at my apartment and it has snowed a lot in Rochester, NY lately and I live in the middle of downtown so the roads and sidewalks have been all shitty and it's been very slippery and dangerous because of ice and bad road conditions. So it's been interesting to run the 30+ miles I've been logging weekly. But anyway, since there has been a little warm weather lately, the snow has been melting and my apartment is an old place and it has sprung a few leaks. Unfortuantely for me, my desktop PC was underneath said leak and now my monitor will not turn on. When I finally woke up and realized that I was getting dripped on, I found my computer was wet and my mouse was under a puddle. Not cool. So yeah, I still have a computer that is not working, hence how I haven't been online lately.

Also, another thorn in the side was this; I got a package from www.TriSports.com the other day. For those of you who don't know, last year I landed a sponsorship with them and they hooked me up with a sweet uniform and gave me uber discounts and all that thru the team. So, I was sitting at home and got a package from TriSports and i was all excited to get some good news and opened it up to find a FORM LETTER telling me that I wasn't chosen for the 2007 team despite a STELLAR season (in my mind). Also enclosed was a TriSports.com hat. I was a little miffed nonetheless. Unfortuantely I don't have any pics in this post as I am on a borrowed computer. So I'll apologize for that.
But anyway, I hope this fate/luck/destiny changes in a bit, things haven't been great lately. I don't know why I posted this, maybe it was just to vent. Here's to hoping 2007 gets better with age.

3 comments:

Bolder said...

keep your chin up Travis.

you're a top-shelf guy.

it's all gonna work out for you.

Bullet said...

Don't sweat it. Your stats are damn impressive.

Crash said...

just keep at it - your performances speak for themselves. your on track to good things