August 26, 2011

The calm has been restored....

So I wanted to apologize for the whiny little bitch fest that I had in the previous post.  What I am going thru is COMPLETELY and uttely new to me.  I have never gone thru two ironmans in a single year, let alone two in such short of a time and one being Kona.

When trying to explain my conundrum, I have equated it to playing tee-ball and suddenly getting called up to the Major Leagues and expected to be able to hit with a decent batting average.  (what is with me and all of these SPORTS analogies lately?  Who AM I??!?! - haha)

I wanted to let you all know that the decision to rest this week and recover was probably about the best thing I have ever decided (you know, other than my decision to wear clean underwear every day of the week...) Today is Friday and my legs feel good.  Not 100% yet as I still have a teeny bit of muscle soreness if I bound up the stairs, but nothing major feeling like my legs are going to snap in half and not support me. 

I've got the fire back and I'm chomping at the bit to get back to training.  I've got a HUGE tempo block for the next two weeks that I'm looking forward to suffering thru and then it's a rest week, one more sharpening week, then taper for the big dance.  The links are all falling into place and I'm feeling good about this again. Good stuff.  Just wanted to give you some semblance of an update before the weekend.  I'm having a beer tonight with dinner (just because I can...) and then we'll get back to business next week.  Stay calm friends.  See you on the roads, cheers.

Oh and PS - If you all didn't notice I have a fun little TWITTER feed (@TravisEarley) to the right that I've been "cracking wise" on lately.  Fun times, I initially got it to stave off the inevitable boredom before IMLP, but it's kinda fun now.  Follow me if you like! Cheers.

2 comments:

Wesley said...

Way to come around Ms. Struthers. Train well, but in the meantime, rest well and dream of large women.

Travis said...

BEST COMMENT EVER!!!!! Hahahahahaha....