February 12, 2009

47.....

So last night, I'm about to hop on the bike in my apartment and spin for a little bit. I have my heart rate monitor on and just punched the start button to get it warmed up and ready for me to start my workout.

I'm standing in front of my closet getting a bike jersey out to wear and I glance down to see a 47 on the screen. I thought it was broken.....

Until I walked into the kitchen to fill up a water bottle and it jumped up to a 55. :o) God I love getting a few months of base training under my belt in the wintertime :o) Happy training folks, get out there and JFT folks. Cheers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My resting HR was 47 once. But then I realized I still had to count the rest of beats for the remaining 30 seconds. 47 bpm while standing around is pretty good man. Probably closer to 40 for a real resting rate if you checked it in the morning.
BTW: How did that 6 Hour snowshoe I saw on your race calendar go? Sound sliek something cool to do with2 other buddies. Certainly not the kind of thing one would ever bail on.